The Benguela tool watch has all the features you would expect to see from a professional diving instrument but adds some details that are rarely seen in the genre. The case features an offset knurled crown at 4 o’clock, tucked away for comfort. At 2 o’clock is the HEV (Helium Escape Valve), designed to equalise internal pressure of the watch when returning from extended periods at extreme depths.
The hooded lugs give the watch great wrist presence while eliminating the need for SELs (solid end links) so that bracelet installation is a breeze. Turn the watch over to see an incredibly deep and detailed engraving of a sea monster, inspired by the Paper Nautilus myth from South African folklore.
The dial is precisely crafted with slabs of bead-blasted steel, set on top of a sandwich dial, for a display with incredible depth. X1-Old Radium Super-LumiNova® is used for an incredible night time glow. The custom date wheel is also luminous, ensuring legibility even during the twilight hours.
Each watch comes standard with a bead-blasted bracelet with micro adjust clasp, and a natural rubber strap, perfect for water sports of any kind. For a more casual look, we recommend the thick leather strap.
- Dial - Steel bead-blasted indices, sandwich with X1-Old Radium Super-LumiNova®.
- Movement - Swiss ETA 2824-2 automatic with hacking and hand-winding
- Case - High-grade 316L bead-blasted stainless steel, helium escape valve, punch engraved case back.
- Crystal - Single dome sapphire with inner anti-reflective coating.
- Bezel - 120-click unidirectional, solid steel.
- Water resistance - 500m
- Strap and bracelet - Tapered 316L bead-blasted bracelet. Natural rubber strap.
- Dimensions - 43mm diameter, 22mm lugs, 15mm thick, 52.3mm lug to lug
- Weight - 221g